Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Synopsis

I have finally started a blog! This was a new years' goal, so I am excited I actually accomplished one!

I figured I would begin with a summary of our summer so far, so here it was:

JUNE:

It was a fun-filled month including a horse camp, a visit with cousins, Vacation Bible School, swim lessons, and gymnastics.





The next week was we headed to Lousiana to clean out my grandmother's house. She suddenly (well, within a 2 week time frame) passed away in May. It was a blessed time with Mom, my sister, and all our kids. I was glad the cousins got some quality time together. But I considered this my 3rd home, next to mine and my parents'. It's all I've known for 33 years and I will miss the visits I had with Gangang there - the Christmases, the summer get-togethers, breakfasts at Strawns' and lunch at Jaquline's. I miss her smile, laughter and her latest gossip as we sat up late visiting in the living room.

This was the last picture I took of her in March.

We then had a week of VBS partnered with swim lessons in the afternoon.




















(By the way, Wes was the ONLY boy with a grass skirt on. Wow, was Dad proud!)


Swim lessons continued along with gymnastics and enjoying our new freedoms with all that summer has to offer!


Six Flags -one of our favorite family fun places!



No comments: