Thursday, October 2, 2008


Wow!

I can't believe it's Thursday again already! Although after the week I've had, that's what I should be thankful for today!!

Today I am thankful for God's faithfulness to me despite my cyclical devotion to Him. Yes, I'm always Christian. Yes, I do my best at following His Word (key words "do my best"). Yes, I am faithful to serve Him in church and in teaching my kids about Him.

But I am no where near as faithful to Him as He is to me. If I was, I'm pretty sure He would tire from waiting for me to get out of bed in the mornings to talk with Him before the kids wake up. I would imagine He would let me know how frustrating it is that I don't ask Him what He thinks about the family budget, my choices for "downtime," or what I plan on saying to discipline my 3 year old. I'm sure He would like me to tell the repairman, my neighbor, and my friend I've had for 5 years about Him if I could only get past what they would respond to me. But it's God's opinion who matters, and I am to be obedient and always faithful because of my love to Him for what He gave me through Christ Jesus.

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;

my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.

He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Psalm 18:2

LORD, You are my God;

I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name;

For You have worked wonders,

Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.

Is 25:1

No comments: