Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Activities

Since it has been a while since I posted I thought I'd catch up on all the February activities.

We started with the Daddy/Daughter Valentine's dance at Grapevine's community center the first Saturday of the month. They danced, ate, made crafts, rode in a horse-drawn carriage AND a limo! They ended the night going to dinner at Outback! What a Daddy!


I had to put this one in because Wes insisted on opening the door for his sister. I do not know where he gets his thoughtfulness, but it is truly a gift from the Lord! He's only 3 for goodness sakes!

Then we had the never-to-be-missed parties at school, with all the cards and candy. A simple card just doesn't cut it anymore. (I agree that it is almost pointless anyway, especially to children who cannot read!) I finally had to throw away all the candy . . . for the sake of our teeth and my santity!

For the actual Valentine's Day, we decided to start the tradition celebrating our love we for each other as a family; and Greg and I went out on another day. We started with Babe's fried chicken in Roanoke and ended it with chocolate fondue at home. Yummm-yyyyy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What sweet memories you two are making for your family.