Sunday, November 14, 2010

36

After the sobering revelation was made to me by my husband that I was now closer to 50 than I was to 20, I must say that so far 36 is looking good. One of the better birthdays that I've had. Not that the other's haven't been, but things were just well-timed.
. . . a weekend day so I could sleep late.
. . . a day Greg was off work.
. . . a Sunday so I was with all my friends and church family. Twice.
. . . the Cowboys actually won. And I cared.
. . . my favorite Starbucks drink delivered by my best friend to wake me up.
. . . an era of Facebook where it reminds friends you never see or haven't seen in years to tell you "Happy Birthday!" All day. :)
. . . an afternoon of laying around and nothing to do.
. . . a day off from working. Well, kinda.
. . . an evening of thankfulness spent at my church's Thanksgiving feast with all my favorite food and as many helpings as my stomach can take.
. . . reminders of my special day by my sweet kids.
. . . generous gifts from special friends and family, knowing exactly what I needed or wanted.
. . . all combined to be reminders of the many undeserved blessings the Lord has given me and wants me to pay forward!

So . . . what does THIS year hold? Only God knows, and I am thankful He has me in a place where I trust His plan and hold on to His sovereign hand. I pray only that He continues to mold me into the servant, wife, mother, friend, daughter, and sister He wants me to be.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17

No comments: