Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fresh!

Aaaahhhhh . . . doesn't it feel good when things are just different? A chair is moved. A fresh coat of paint. Different pictures on the wall. I do this often and it makes my whole outlook improve, just by moving things around. Or getting rid of them.

And so I finally freshened up my blog! What do you think? I (with Greg, my new assistant's, help) took the kids' annual pictures - finally - this past weekend. I always take them in the summer, and so I made it by about 6 hours. The first day of school was the following day.

I'm excited about the blog, about how I am keeping up with others' blogs through RSS feed, and about what this school year holds! I am also thankful the Lord is bringing me into who I really am as a photographer. My style is changing, as it will as I continue on this journey and the trends change, and I love how it's progressing! A lot more fun, a lot more creative, a lot more freedom. It's easier for me because it reflects what I'm comfortable with. But it is all for the praise of His glory. I want to never take that for granted.

Life is good. And I hope that I can say that no matter the circumstances (i.e. Monday, Aug 24th >:P). I'm not quite sure I passed that test, so I may be up for another one soon. :)

Our family Bible verse this month sums it up well:
"Be joyful always, pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thess. 5:16-18

1 comment:

Kimberly Law said...

Love the new blog!! Picture of the kids is priceless!
I enjoy seeing your photography pieces and your talent and hearing about your family and the days that go by in this journey called life!